This week I started the next Swallow’s Fall series book – it has a working title of
The House in the Snowies
and will be the sixth book in the series. Will it be the last?
To thank all you book lovers for the inspiration we chatted about on Facebook in April this year, I can confirm the following:
1. Yes, this is Edie Granger and Ryan Munroe’s story 💙 As a reminder, they met in The House at the End of the Street which featured Josh and Gemma, the toy shop, and the lonely homestead. Edie was 10 and Ryan 16 and she wanted him as her boyfriend even then. Now they're all grown up and stuff is simmering between them.
2. Yes, Kate and Jamie from 12 Days at Silver Bells House will appear.
3. So will all the other couples I’ve written about throughout the Swallow’s Fall series. You’ll find them all still in town, doing what they do best.
4. Yes, the big old house we talked about will be Edie’s. BUT – there will be something important she wants to do with the house that we didn’t talk about on Facebook, and that’s a secret.
5. No, Edie is not going to be an interior designer after all (or a ballerina or a doctor, as she thought she might like to be when she was 10). But she will have made use of the skills inherited from her artist mother and carpenter father. Another secret - don’t you love ‘em?
6. There will be reference to Edie’s women friends who are, of course, the daughters of each couple written about in previous books - whom you haven't met yet.
7. Probably (never say never though) this will be the last Swallow’s Fall book I write. (Probably…)
8. That’s it. No more spoilers.
PS More good news coming soon on my next rural release
Read more about the Swallow's Fall series
Photo credit: Pixabay.com
"We may not have everything in life we want but at least we can have it all in a book." ~ Jennie Jones